Tuesday, April 23, 2019

moving sister


This is something that happened a while ago. It was supposed to be a full post but I never really finished it.

It's somewhat coherent even not being finished.

------------------------------------

My sister had her own apartment for a long time, but moved back home for whatever reason.

I helped my sister move back in on November 19th. My family asked me in advance if I could borrow a big truck from work to help her move. I had to get permission from my boss to use the truck. I don't like talking to my boss. He's mean. I did it anyway, and he gave me permission to as long as I replaced the fuel I used.

it was raining pretty hard today
family kept pointing it out
but I only really noticed it when they pointed it out
and occasionally when water dripped onto my forehead from my hair

another moving truck was there at the same time I was
the side streets were pretty tight

I set up plans to get the truck for a Sunday. I told my sister I would go to the gym, and that I'd email her when I got back, somewhere around 10am. I got back just after 10am and emailed her. She replied, but nothing happened until the early afternoon. I had the truck for the day but I had to have it back before 5pm. We didn't have a lot of time. Still, I sat patiently and waited for her. Meanwhile, my mom was stressing out and trying to get us to get a move on. She wanted to leave. I was going to go along with her, but my sister arrived before we left. She told my mom we were going to drive to work and grab the truck, and my mom didn't have to do anything. I can't imagine my mom liked that.

my parents are very supportive
sometimes too supportive
and very stubborn

We got cardboard boxes from my mom. We carried them to my sister's car, loaded them, and departed for my place of employment. On the way my sister had 50 cent playing on her car stereo. I pointed that out. She said it was embarrassing, but to me there's nothing embarrassing about that. I loved 50 cent when I was younger. I still like his music. We listened to more music like that all the way to my work. We arrived. My sister waited at her car. One of my co-workers was there. He saw me and looked at me like "you're not supposed to be here!". I talked to him for a few minutes before grabbing the keys to the truck. I got the truck started and drove it up toward my sister. I beeped the horn as I drove up, and she started laughing. We moved the boxes from her car into the truck, and then went on our way.

She had anxiety. She asked if I needed a special license to drive the truck. I told her no. it doesn't have air brakes. I also told her I don't know how to drive it. As we drove toward the highway I made a point of telling her I don't remember where the wiper switch or air switches were. It was raining and the windows were getting fogged over. Visibility was poor. I thought that might (not) reassure her. I had anxiety the first time I drove the truck. It can be intimidating for someone who has never driven a vehicle its size, but driving it isn't very difficult aside from sharp turns and narrow areas.

We made it to her apartment pretty easily. I parked the truck. We went inside and started bringing boxes out. Our dad showed up. I don't know if he texted my sister or not. My mom also showed up. I don't know if she texted or not. I think my parents might have just shown up without any warning. They started helping us load the truck. My mom has RA, and my dad has a messed up lower back. They helped but they're both falling apart so my sister and I did the bulk of the work. My mom suggested dropping the hydraulic tailgate on the truck partway so she could climb in. I did it.

It took us until about 2:30 to get everything loaded into the truck.
I strapped a few things down
Cargo tipped in transport at our first turn
I figured it would, but wasn't really concerned

i ate oats
sister is a linebacker
sister and I have more in common than we used to

sister joked about how I used to be the odd person in the family
but suddenly I'm the most normal person in the family
told her it's from lots of drugs
Sister asked how I was so calm driving under pressure.
Told her it was my job for nearly two years
made it back home unloaded in garage
ruined whatever my mom had planned with my own plans
drove back to work. took the dog with us
stopped to get diesel
sister and i basically split the bill on the diesel
dropped the truck off at work along with the keys
drove home in her car listening to more gangster shit
sister asked if I wanted her to repay me in alcohol or food
I don't drink much
I had no appetite
stopped at the liquor store on the way home
mom had moved most of the stuff upstairs
sister and I moved the big stuff upstairs

that was basically the whole event

My sister and I used to have a strained relationship. I used to hate her. She didn't like me. We almost didn't talk at all while she was moved out. She just wasn't around. I didn't really have any motivation for helping her move back home. Nothing to gain from it. She needed the help, and she's my sister, and I love her, so I helped. That was it. I don't know if I would've been willing to help her if it were 5 years ago. Maybe I'm a bit different than I was.

I thought having her move back home would cause me a lot of stress. Sometimes I buy food and put it in the fridge, and when I go to get it the next day it's gone, or part of it is gone. That used to bother me, but now when it happens it doesn't matter much. I can just buy more food, and at least the food isn't going to waste.

My sister and I are much closer than we used to be. She's very supportive of me now.

----------------------------------------
On a string instrument, the length of a string varies inversely as the frequency of its vibrations. An 11 inch string has a frequency of 400 cycles per second. Find the constant of proportionality, and then find the frequency of a 10 inch string.

L=11
F=400
F and L vary inversely

F=k*11

F=K(1/11)
11=k(F/400)

No comments:

Post a Comment